Accel Tune Up Kit – GM HEI Applications – 1975-1989
Time to tune up your vintage car? We are offering the new Super Hei Tune Up Kit from ACCEL that includes everything you need under one part number to wake up your stock GM HEI distributor. Whether you are ready to tune up anything from an Oldsmobile 1973 Toronado to a 1986 Cadillac or a number of models in between, consider using the ACCEL Tune Up Kit for 1975 – 1986 GM HEI Distributors with Red and Yellow Primary Wires and 4 pin Module.
• Includes 9 high performance items to upgrade HEI
• High-out replacement module allowing for hotter spark
• Cap and rotor utilizing brass contacts and terminals
• Advance curve kit to dial in your timing needs
• Fully adjustable vacuum advance allowing optimum MPG
• Positive lock pigtail harness for tach and battery connections
• User-friendly instruction sheet
• New module harness and condenser
Be sure to check out our website today and see if this is the tune up kit for which you have been searching.
Choose from 3 custom-curved billet aluminum distributors, calibrated for your specific Chevy small or big block application without the high prices of the modified stock distributors our competitors offer. Equipped with premium red cap with brass terminals, adjustable vacuum advance, 50,000 volt high-output coil, low saturation ignition module, and FREE billet hold-down clamp. Select from the following curves:
- (H) Heavy vehicles – high load – low vacuum camshaft
- (M) Medium weight vehicles – short duration – high torque cam. Most popular.
- (L) Light vehicle – rapid acceleration – typical race profile cam.
May not be legal for sale or use in California or on many pollution controlled vehicles
You’ll find MSD support at a number of shows, races and events throughout the year. One of the most popular questions we received last year was whether our caps were available in black. It seems that a lot of people with restified muscle cars or detailed engine compartments would prefer to be a little more subtle than our red caps would allow.
We went down to our injection mold department and waited until one of the machines ran out of the MSD red DuPont® Rynite material. Once the operator turned away, we filled the hopper with black material and flipped the on switch. The result is a great looking satin black cap that is supplied with our wire retainer.
MSD and Ford Cap, Black MSD 84083
MSD and GM HEI-type Window Cap, Black MSD 84333
The following kits were developed for the Ford front mount distributors used on the “N” series tractor from 1939 through 1952. These kits will fit the original Ford distributor part number 9N12100, and the various aftermarket replacements. They are available in a kit that utilizes the original style coil or a kit that uses an external canister style coil, which is included with the kit.
- Pertronix 1247 – Ignitor kit, Ford front mount distributor, 12 volt NEG ground
- Pertronix 1247P6 – Ignitor kit, Ford front mount distributor, 6 volt POS ground
- Pertronix 1247XT – Ignitor kit, with canister coil, coil wire and hardware for conversion to external coil, 12 volt NEG ground
- Pertronix 1247XTP6 – Ignitor kit, with canister coil, coil wire and hardware for conversion to external coil, 6 volt POS ground
- The first new improvement in ignition firing accuracy in 25 years!
- Delivers near crank-trigger accuracy!
- Precise optical triggering up to 9,500 RPM!
- Adjustable-curve, electronic advance plus manifold-vacuum advance!
- Advance uses no springs or weights
- Billet aluminum, CNC machined housing with ball bearings and bushings
- Large-Cap And Std. Cap models for Sm. BLock and Big-Block Chevy V-8, Ford 5.0L-5.0L H.O. and 351W V-8 applications
Crane Cams 1000-1500
– Chevy V-8 SB & BB ‘55-96 Large Cap
Crane Cams 1000-1501
– Chevy V-8 SB & BB ‘55-96 Small Cap
Crane Cams 1000-1600
– Ford 289/302 Large Cap
Crane Cams 1000-1601
– Ford 289/302 Small Cap
Crane Cams 1000-1602
– Ford 351W Large Cap
Crane Cams 1000-1603
– Ford 351W Small Cap
Crane Cams 1000-1604
– Ford 351C/429-460 Large Cap
Crane Cams 1000-1605
– Ford 351C/429-460 Small Cap